When I typed My Recent Beauty Buys into the title here, I started laughing inside. My beauty product shopping addiction is starting to get slightly out of hand. And when I say out of hand, I mean, as in I have bins of products to try that I have yet to get to. There may be too many recent beauty buys, but I’m not worried about it, because someone has to try all of the things, right?
While I have spent the last week and a half of the Nordstrom sale agonizing over whether or not I should splurge on the GloPro (someone help me decide!) I realized that I haven’t shared beauty anything in a while. So today, let’s chat about some fun new finds on my radar. Because if you can’t share your beauty finds with your girlfriends, then who can you share them with!?
Recent Beauty Buys
- Colleen Rothschild Retinol Treatment Complex – I could write a novel on my skin during pregnancy and post-partum. It has been the worst time in my entire life for me, skin wise. Along with a slew of other issues I developed, I have had recurring acne far worse than my teenage years. I’m trying to fight that, help get rid of scarring and sun damage and keep the fine lines that are beginning to form away. After researching OTC retinol products, I settled on this one and am very happy with that choice. This has worked better at ridding my skin of acne, helping to fight aging and clearing up sun spots better than anything I have tried. It took about two weeks to really begin to work, but I see such a difference. I use a pea sized amount every other night after I wash and tone.
- iT Bye Bye Breakout Treatment Concealer – This is a genius product for anyone with breakouts. I don’t like to wear a full face of makeup every day, and this is perfect for covering up any acne, while treating it. It works better than my previous acne spot treatment I had been using – to the point that I tossed that and just use this now. Other benefits include not being too drying and staying in place, especially during hot Summer days. A little dab of this goes a long way! I recommend applying with a Q Tip and blending in with a concealer blush or dry beauty blender.
- Tarte The Buffer Airbrush Finish Foundation Brush – I love this foundation brush so much that I bought a second! My first one walked off to Avery’s room as a toy somehow, so this is the replacement. It is just thick and stiff enough to really apply foundation or tinted moisturizer in an airbrushed, even application. It works equally well for applying and blending and is so soft that Riley is constantly petting it. I personally also love that it is made from sustainably harvested bamboo! I make sure to wash this one a week with baby shampoo or brush cleaner to avoid product build up on it that can affect application or my skin.
- Ouai Dry Shampoo – If you’re looking for a light weight dry shampoo that seamlessly blends into your hair without a lot of residue, than this is for you. It leaves your hair feeling soft and not with that dry, stiff feeling some other dry shampoos can cause. However, I will say that it isn’t going to do a thorough job. This is a touch up on second day hair type of dry shampoo, only, in my opinion. I’m also very into the smell, which is heavenly. You can spray this in and run your fingers through hair without a good brushing and be good to go!
- Gelous Gel Base Coat – I first read about this on Chronicles of Frivolity, and I knew I had to try it because she has never steered me wrong. I don’t do my nails at home a ton, but when I do, I use this, and it works. My nail color lasts a full two or three days longer without chipping. I started bringing it with me when I get my nails done if I am getting a regular manicure, and it always extends those as well. It’s basically a sticky base that helps your polish adhere more like a gel product.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – I never thought I would find a similar product that works as well as my beloved Beauty Blenders, but I have! And the price point is great! What I love most about this sponge is the flat edge. It’s the perfect base to apply larger amounts of product patted on your face. You can use the sides and pointed end to work on more precise areas, but you get two different edges to work with. I will say that it doesn’t replace the Beauty Blender, as nothing on Earth possibly can! However, it is a great dupe and product at the fraction of the price!
- Supergoop! Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45 – This may be my favorite product on today’s list. Why? Because it is an amazing setting powder that doesn’t require me dumping it into something else to get some on a brush! Plus, it comes with SPF in it, and after trying it for several weeks, I can say that it works! This helped keep my makeup in place during 95 degree days in Florida, in the water. I also love that I can dust it on my hair line, scalp, ears, chest, wherever. I’m all about sun protection, and this is the easiest way to get some!
Thank you for reading and hope your week is off to a great start!