I was compensated by Paperless Post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Sweater: Abercrombie [ runs TTS ] – Save 10% and up based on spend with code 11681
Top: Free People [ save with code STOCKUP18 ] // Pants: Abercrombie [ run big! ] – Save 10% and up based on spend with code 11681
Sneakers: Adidas – [ run very big, I sized down a half size and still have room ]
Pullover: Abercrombie [ runs TTS, some people say on the larger size ] – Save 10% and up based on spend with code 11681
. . . . . .
Hi girlfriends! How has your week been? If you’re on September break like us Georgians, than I hope that it has been calm and not full of stir crazy kids! We are finally getting a touch of Fall in the South (praise hands!) It’s dreary and raining out and the temps have dropped to the high 70’s. I even poured some cinnamon into our coffee maker to Fall it up yesterday. We’ve been picking up pumpkins when we shop and our house is slowly getting Fall-ier. Every time we stop in Target, I grab a handful of Dollar Spot soft pumpkins. They’re so fantastic, especially for the price, and make great bowl fillers or to help fluff up a Fall-scape. They’re in the first picture above – get some, you won’t regret it!
Right now, we are in a cabin in Blue Ridge, having a little quality family time and disconnecting from real life for a couple of days. We are going to try to squeeze in some gem mining, apple picking and horseback riding if the weather cooperates! But now, let’s chat about other things.
- Riley has been in a month long plus leap, which has been so intense, especially paired with teething. She still only has one tooth, but I think she is working on three more. So there has been a ton of whining, crying, not letting me leave her with anyone, and constant holding. I’m trying to soak up all the snuggles I can while she is in this stage. P.S. Leaps are from Wonder Weeks (thank you Jenn for introducing me to this!) I follow the app and highly recommend it.
- I have two birthday parties to plan right now with not much time. We pushed Riley’s party because of house projects, so now I am trying to figure out how to throw both her and Avery parties. So far, invitations are the only items I have checked off of my to-do lists. I’m thinking of this one for Riley and this one for Avery. I always do online invitations through Paperless Post because they have the best selection and the cutest styles. I’m planning on doing my thank you notes on Paperless Post too so that I can get Avery to do them herself (hopefully!)
- Speaking of birthdays, Avery is at the age where she isn’t into toys anymore, but is still too young for tween girl things. I’m struggling to come up gift ideas for her in a big way. Does anyone have any suggestions for a ten year old girl?
- Our basement renovation is almost finished! We are nearing the end of this project and I just need to pick paint colors to finish on our end. Our kitchen and pantry leg of this is going to start soon and I cannot tell you how excited I am about this! While I love our kitchen and how open it is, its also teeny tiny and majorly lacking in storage space. Plus, I cannot wait to have a pantry to organize! Any excuse to buy more baskets, right?
- Avery has been asking us to make some changes to her bedroom, so this is my next project. Her birthday is two weeks away so I am trying to get a plan together quickly. I have yet to make any plan of action on this – if you have any great ideas or tips, please send them my way!
- I’m majorly struggling with cooking dinner lately. I can’t meal plan and I can’t do any last minute ideas. Again, totally asking for help from all of your ladies here! Help a girl out, I promise my family will thank you. 😉
- Y’all know I hit the Shopbop sale (too) hard. It’s mainly dresses for Fall right now, but I am trying to narrow down my cart for round two. You can read my full post on the sale here.
- I’ve been eyeing this set of Morphe brushes for a while, but I have never tried the brand. Does anyone have any good things to say about them? It’s such a great deal based on the reviews.
- Tuckernuck is having a Friends and Family sale with 20% off everything (use code Friends20.) They’ve restocked so many favorites and their new arrivals are so good.
We are off on a family hike now – wish us luck, this isn’t Avery’s idea of fun. Thank you for reading and hope you have a great weekend babes!