Today, I wanted to share one of my favorite beauty finds, dare I say ever? For a couple of years, I kept seeing bloggers and friends sharing about their new favorite lip color all over social media. I didn’t really understand much about it and didn’t even know how to buy some to try. It took me a few months of confusion to figure it all out, but I am so glad I did because I am hooked! I’m breaking this post down into sections to make it easier to understand.
What is Lipsense?
LipSense is a long lasting lipstick that is pretty much everything proof: waterproof, kiss proof, food proof and smudge proof. It is not tested on animals and is made of vegan ingredients. It’s also wax free, gluten free, lead free and made without GMO’s. Basically, it’s lip color that doesn’t budge and isn’t made with completely terrible ingredients or causing harm in its creation. LipSense is FDA approved and provides a barrier against the sun.
Why I Love It
I love having a pop of color on my lips. It just makes me feel so pulled together and reminds me of watching my grandmother and mom apply their lipstick as a child. However, I am not reapplying all day because #reallife. I’m constantly smooching my kids (two thirds of them don’t like it anymore) and prefer not to cover them in color. There are endless color options because you can layer to create custom shades. A couple of tubes can lead to endless color possibilities! The company says that it will stay on for 4-18 hours, and that has proven true for me. Granted, I don’t get makeup on until later in the day, but I have gone twelve plus hours without my lip color budging.
How To Apply LipSense
Application is everything with this product! I didn’t follow the instructions the first few times and learned that I needed to to get the most from my color.
- Start with clean, dry, bare lips. I like to apply a layer of Oops Color Remover then clean it off with a damp washcloth and let my lips air dry. The washcloth will help to exfoliate lips as well.
- Smile and open your mouth, keeping lights as taught as possible. This will ensure that color gets into every part of your lips.
- Apply one thin layer in as few strokes as possible. Let dry for at least five seconds.
- Repeat with a second thin layer in the same direction you apply the first and let dry for five seconds.
- Apply a third layer the same way. Make sure to get your interior water line and sides at this point.
- Seal with a coat of gloss of choice. Glossy is the clear shade that works with everything!
How To Remove LipSense
I was super casual about removing LipSense and it started to catch up to me. Mind you, not in a bad way, but in a way that showed I was too lazy to take off all of my makeup. (face palm!) To remove LipSense, I apply a layer of Oops Remover and let it sit for a few minutes while I wash off the rest of my makeup. With a damp washcloth, I gently scrub to remove color. I like to finish with a layer of moisturizer to my lips.
Here is a breakdown of the costs for LipSense products:
- LipSense color is $25 each
- Gloss is $20 each
- Oops Remover is $10 each
- Starter set with all three is $55
I did not intend to become a distributor when I started buying product, but it just kind of happened. I have some colors on hand for purchase and am happy to help you if you want to purchase any. You can email me at email@example.com to shop. If there is something you are interested in that I don’t have, I am more than happy to order it for you! And because I want you all to love this as much as I do, I am giving away a starter set below! Scroll down to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway