Spring Accessory Shopping Guide

Oh my gosh, is anyone else still on a Royal Wedding high?  I’m still swooning over Meghan and Harry and every single detail from Saturday.  I may have spent far too much time googling things about her yesterday, fueling my girl crush started in Season One of Suits.  Be prepared for a Weekend Edit with all of my favorite links. 😂  But before we get to Friday, let’s chat about Spring Accessories!

You know the phrase that everything comes back around?  It’s ringer truer these days and this Spring season in particular.  So many accessories that were popular ten or fifteen years ago and getting new life breathed into them.  From shoes to sunglasses, there is a lot of throwback feel to so much style right now.  And I am so here for it.

[line]

Shoes

It’s another espadrille season, and I’m so happy to see this classic style have longevity through this year.  The flat form, slide, wedge and my personal early 2000’s throwback to the backless espadrille wedge are great shoes for this Spring.  Tans, browns and mustard shades are having a major moment.  This is totally great for a babe on a budget because these colors match almost everything!

. . . .

Sunglasses

Tortoise is coming back in this season.  It’s a classic style for sunnies, but has taken a back seat to matte and flat colors in recent years.  Polarized lenses in fun colors, and traditional square and round eye shapes are the way to go right now.  Also, super in (and super fun!)  are heart sunglasses.  It’s fun and a totally 80’s girl style that brightens up any look.

. . . .

Jewelry

Every year, what piece of jewelry is in seems to change.  This year, it’s all about the statement earring once more.  I’m always partial to fun earrings because necklaces weigh me down (#claustraphobiaproblems) and can feel so extra in the hot weather.  You can snag so many fun earrings at great prices right now.  Skip all of the other accessories and focus on a color, stand out earring.

. . . .

Bags

Straw bags started to gain popularity last year, and this Spring and Summer they’re really having their moment.  There is a variety of shapes and sizes, from totes to cross body bags.  Fun circle shapes are one of my personal favorites.  There are tons of designer versions and just as many similar styles that cost a fraction of the price on good old Amazon.  The Ark bag is still one of the it bags, but now it’s available in tons of colors.  I recommend scooping it up in the yellow.

. . . .

What are you loving for Spring and Summer this year?  Tell me anything I missed, please!  Thank you for reading and hope your week is off to a great start!  -XO

1. Andrea Nine wrote:

The wedding was magical. You have super sweet tastes here girl, I have a few of these items and love them. Have a marvelous Monday!

Posted 5.21.18 Reply

You also have super sweet taste pretty lady! I just want to watch the wedding over and over – I have spent way too much time Googling pictures from it, LOL! Hope your day is going great! XO

Posted 5.22.18 Reply
  2. I want those Steven slides so bad but from what I heard they run kinda big so I feel like my narrow feet wouldn’t work with them! So cute though! And love all those bags!!

Posted 5.21.18 Reply

I finally got the slides and they run a little big. My feet aren’t narrow and they were tight, I would size down in them a half size though and they should work. They are seriously so awesome that I am going to get them in at least one more color!

Posted 5.22.18 Reply

This makes me want to go on a shopping spree!! I love all the shoes you found – can I have one of each?! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 5.21.18 Reply

Definitely 😉 When I was pregnant shoes and bags were my favorite things to buy!

Posted 5.22.18 Reply
  4. Joanne wrote:

Your post is full of beautiful choices! The sherbert coloured earrings would look fantastic with a tan – particularly love the set which look like tiny pieces of coral? And of course you can’t go wrong with espadrilles and torteshell sunglasses – lovely!

Posted 5.21.18 Reply

Thank you so much Joanne! Hope you’re having a fabulous day! XO

Posted 5.22.18 Reply

Love all the bright fun colors, and I need those slides <3

Posted 5.21.18 Reply

YES you need the slides! I finally got them and want them in more colors, they are SO good!

Posted 5.22.18 Reply
  6. Ashley wrote:

I hope espadrilles never go out of style because I love them for spring/summer! Picking up a few more fun statement earrings for my collection this year!

Posted 5.23.18 Reply

Me too! They’re always comfortable and match everything!

Posted 5.24.18 Reply
  7. Christina wrote:

Spring and summer accessories are the best! Love those wedges!

Posted 5.23.18 Reply

You can never have too many cute wedges, right??

Posted 5.24.18 Reply