My sweet baby girl is six months old! She is half way to one and already well on her way to being done with being a baby. Each day with her is different, and often a little crazy, but l love watching her grow and develop into a little person. She is such a ray of sunshine in all of our lives and her smile lights up every room she is in. And she is pretty much always smiling.
Riley actually turned six months a couple weeks ago, but you know how it goes with the third child. I’m just proud of myself for actually getting her monthly pictures in. My girlfriend gave me the cutest blanket for taking monthly pictures with flowers and each month on it, but Riley cannot keep still long enough for me to snap a single picture on it and has spit up on it twice. So, chair pictures it is! I’m still keeping the sweet blanket forever though and will fully force her to do yearly pictures with it when she will sit still.
I broke this post up into her likes and dislikes, because her personality is fully shining through at this point. You can really tell who she is through what she does and does not like, since expressing those things is her main form of communication.
- Bath time. It’s her absolute favorite time of day, no matter how tired or cranky she is. We let her roll around and splash in the tiniest bit of water and it gives her so much happiness. We recently got this book and she loves it so much.
- Her siblings. Avery and Greyson are her favorite things in the whole world. She could sit and stare at them endlessly. Any attention they give her brings her smiles and giggles, no matter how brief. I love how much she loves them and how they love her.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We play the songs from this show pretty much on repeat throughout the day (you can ask Alexa to do it!) Every time Riley hears it she shrieks with delight and bounces so happily. I’m hoping to blow her mind a little bit when we go to Disney World next week.
- Pineapples and Snap Pea Crisps. These are her two favorite foods. So random, right? We put frozen pineapple in one of these and a couple snap pea crisps and she is so content.
- Books. Riley is fascinated with books and will sit and be read to very happily. It helps the kids with their reading, and helps us with our sleep time routines. I’m hoping this means she will be a voracious reader when she is older!
- Animals. Riley will sit and giggle at Maggie and our cats and loves when they let her pet them. She’s pretty gentle with them, and gets the biggest kick out of interacting with any animals she can.
- Not getting her way. This is not a joke – this baby is feisty and has mastered the judgmental stare and fake cry. She also has a temper on her, which she isn’t afraid to use. I love that she has such a strong personality already, but I’m a little scared for her teenage years!
- Eating. We have struggled to feed Riley since she was born, and it continues. She is finally getting into real food and actually eating lots of finger foods, which helps. But any milk is a struggle with her. She gets up almost every night to eat still, but I’m happy that she’s eating at all!
- Bedtime. We have a really good nap and bed time routine down, but girlfriend has caught on to this and gets very vocal about not wanting to go to sleep. It’s actually quite funny how feisty she gets!
- Peekaboo. Anytime we attempt to play this with Riley she immediately bursts into tears. Who knew this could be such a sad game? She really does not like being alone and wants someone constantly within her eyesight, so I think this is why peekaboo is a total miss with her.
She is sitting up on her own now, as of a couple weeks ago, and scooting all over backwards, forwards and in circles. The frustration over not being able to crawl is real, but I am definitely not ready for her to do that yet. She has figured out how to get herself around enough and to yell when she wants us to get something for her.
We have taken a few steps backwards in our sleeping, with consistent night wakings again, but I’m hoping it is just a stage. No teeth have sprung yet, but serious teething is happening. Travel with Riley isn’t as easy as it was with Avery and Greyson, but we are hoping she gets the hang of it after our next trip.
Thank you for letting me ramble on about my littlest and I hope you have the best weekend! -XO