Pink Off Shoulder Sweater + Self-Confidence

pink-off-shoulder-sweater-6

pink-off-shoulder-sweater-5

pink-off-shoulder-sweater-4

pink-off-shoulder-sweater-3

pink-off-shoulder-sweater-2

pink-off-shoulder-sweater-1

Off Shoulder Sweater / High-Waist Jeans (on sale) / Leopard Slides (on sale) / Crossbody Bag / X Bracelet / Tassel Earrings

What do a pink off shoulder sweater and self-confidence have to do with each other?  More than you would think.  When I ordered this sweater, over a month ago, I was still pregnant.  I ordered up in size assuming that it would take me a while to get back to my pre-baby body.  I tried it on for the first time about a week after Riley was born.  It was basically a skin tight crop top at that point.  I thought about returning it but decided I loved it way too much for that.  A pink sweater that is off the shoulder and actually stays in place?  It’s like finding a unicorn in your backyard.

I keep trying the sweater on weekly and it very gradually is beginning to fit the way I like.  I have been wanting to put outfits together and take pictures for the blog because I miss it so much.  This sweater was my first choice because I love it so much.  However, after I looked at the pictures I just wanted to cry and throw myself a pity party.  Having a baby and losing control of your body is hard.  I am not one of those magic moms who gives birth and is back in their skinniest jeans within two weeks.  The weight hangs on and it takes me a LONG time to get back to where I was pre-baby.  It takes a lot of dieting and hard work, and time.

After I deleted almost every picture we shot of the sweater, I made a very conscious decision that this space is my space and our space.  It’s a place to be real, especially when it comes to fashion and being a mom.  Neither of which are perfect.  I named this blog A Dash of Pretty because sometimes a dash of pretty is all it takes in life to make things a little brighter.  Pretty is subjective and it is a personal feeling.  A dash is a little bit, because nothing is 100 percent perfect, most especially in life.  This pink off shoulder sweater is my dash of pretty right now.

Do I feel confident in these pictures?  No, but I am trying to.

Right now, my head space is this:  to be comfortable with myself in the fact that I carried and gave birth to a third little person.  My body did that and it will never be the same.  But that is ok.  It motivates me to be as healthy as I can and to allow myself time to get to where I want to be.

Thank you for reading!  -XO

1. Trista wrote:

Girl, you look awesome!! And I’m totally with you about not dropping it fast. The first pic I took… I thought beforehand, I am starting to return to normalcy. As soon as I looked at the photos, I was like, I’m not looking quite as awesome as I thought I was. Haha. And then my sweet mother was there to remind me that I just birthed a child, carried 30 lbs extra weight for 9 months. And that I look awesome. I’m right where you are, having to remind myself to be confident. Oh, and that pink sweater is so so pretty! ❤️

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

Thanks lady, I am glad I am not alone! It’s definitely time to get back, but I feel the same way. I hope you’re feeling good and getting some rest!

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

I’m happy that you were able to share these photos because you look amazing! Giving yourself a little grace after just having a baby is so important!! That blush pink is your color girl! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

Thank you sweet friend! I can never say no to pink and I am really hoping to feel like myself again one day (soon?!) Hope you’re having a great day so far! XO

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
  3. First off, girl you look AMAZING! I think we all have those days where we do blog pictures, look at them and want to cry because we hate something about the way they turned out. You just had a baby and you look damn good so don’t be hard on yourself and rock that sweater! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

Thank you so much! It’s definitely hard to see your body change out of your control and the hormones definitely do not help things! But, you are the best for saying that!

4. Tammy wrote:

I love this post more than you know !! Your PINK sweater looks fabulous and most of all fabulous on YOU !!! I am struggling with confidence as well…… as I get closer to 50 my body is NOT what I was expecting. You will get back to where you are more comfortable. You are 100% correct, this blog is your space and I love it because you are REAL. Have a wonderful day 🙂 XOXO

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

Thank you Tammy! I appreciate your kind words SO much! I love that so many women feel the same way and we can related to each other and build each other up, because that is so important!!! Hope you’re having a great day and I keep checking your blog for wedding pics 😉

• Tammy wrote:

We had two wonderful photographers that we hired for the big wedding but they informed us that we are in que. She’s in high demand ! We will get proofs back in about 6-8 weeks. I’m so very anxious to see them but understand there’s a process. I promise to share photos as soon as I get to it.

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
  5. This post just makes me love you even more! I hate to admit that I’m struggling with weight when I’m growing a human and it has been something I’ve wanted for so long but it has been hard to look at pictures when you’re used to seeing yourself in one way. I think the sweater looks amazing on you and it was a good buy and keep. Give yourself the grace you deserve and enjoy this precious time with your babe. <3 <3 <3

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

Thank you so much love! It definitely starts during pregnancy, and the lack of control can just throw everything off, no matter how amazing it is. It’s definitely life changing and like nothing else. I hope you’re feeling great and know that you look AMAZING!

6. Jenn wrote:

I think you look fabulous in this outfit and I also think it’s normal to dislike where your body is at after baby. Just don’t let that define you–you’re gorgeous, your body is beautiful, and you brought a little baby into this world with it!

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

Thank you so much Jenn! Same to YOU! It’s definitely a struggle, but the hormones don’t help and it’s just nice to remind yourself what you accomplish in making a person!

Posted 10.5.17 Reply

Get it girl, you look amazing! A pink OTS sweater that actually stays in place and is comfortable is definitely a magical unicorn! <3

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

Thank you friend! Anything off the shoulder that stays put is a game changer and a must have!!

8. Marie wrote:

You look AMAZING!!! That outfit is fantastic and look really great on you. Not everyone can wear that shade of pink. It’s totally a great color on you. You are beautiful!!

Thank you Marie! You just made my day and I so appreciate your sweet words! XO

9. Kelsey wrote:

This outfit looks great on you & I’m glad you decided to share these photos! You really do look great in them!

Thank you so much Kelsey! XO

10. Amanda wrote:

I think you look absolutely amazing, especially after it only being a month after giving birth. Good for you for putting yourself out there and I LOVE your pink sweater. It’s the cutest and so you!

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

Thank you love! It’s definitely not where I want to be and it’s a struggle, but it’s life. Plus, it’s all worth it for these little loves 🙂

Posted 10.5.17 Reply
  11. I think you look amazing! Before I even read anything you wrote, I thought dang! I mean- you ARE wearing jeans!! That’s a big undertaking so soon! 😉

Posted 10.4.17 Reply

Thank you Katie, that just made my day (and made me tear up because #hormones.) I keep thinking of how you said you just walked all of the time after you had Hadley, so I am strolling like a crazy lady!

12. Lauren wrote:

This is so pretty! I love it!

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

Thank you Lauren! XO

13. Falasha wrote:

It looks great! I completely understand the whole post baby body thing, I am just getting sort of in good shape. I just finally did my first post in 6 months now…

xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion
    Instagram| Bloglovin’| Facebook

Posted 10.5.17 Reply

I will check it out! It definitely is a crazy feeling, glad I am not alone! XO

14. Samantha wrote:

Such a great post and love your outfit! I am all about those leopard mules 😉
    ~Samantha

Posted 10.5.17 Reply

Thank you Samantha! I am obsessed with the mules and glad I waited to snag them when they went on sale. They’re so versatile! Hope you have a great day! XO

Posted 10.6.17 Reply
  15. Ashley wrote:

This sweater looks beautiful on you!! I think we all go through self confidence dips… especially after having a baby. This sweater looks so soft too!

Posted 10.5.17 Reply

Thanks Ashley! It definitely changes this post-baby and the hormones don’t help!

Posted 10.6.17 Reply