Are you sick of hearing about the Nordstrom Sale yet? I thought I was, but I am really not. I have been following other bloggers and their thoughts on the fit, quality and details of various products. This helps me in making purchase decisions, big time.
Today is the first day of Public Access to the Nordstrom Sale, meaning you don’t need to be a card holder to shop. Some items are sold out, but a lot of the really great stuff is still available.
A lot of my purchase are here! I have been able to try on almost everything and made a keep/return decision. There are still a few more items coming, but the majority I have (over) analyzed. If you are interested in my two cents, read on!
- Dry Bar Full Size Faves Set – I am so excited to try these products. They all have consistently good reviews, and you cannot beat the price for the three compared to individually.
- Jo Malone Blossom Collection – Jo Malone perfumes are the best, best, best. I don’t love the price tag and want to be able to try more scents. This is the perfect way and features more floral tones, so there aren’t any wasted bottles. My mom gifted me a set two years ago and I only ended up liking two of them. All of the scents included were set nearby to test in store, which made the decision much easier.
- Nest Candle set – I invest in one candle set during the Nordstrom Sale. The Nest scents are so mild and universally appealing. These also make great gifts!
- Barefoot Dreams Cardigan – Wearing this cardigan is like wearing clouds. It’s THAT good. I ordered a matching blanket and plan on wearing the cardigan and snuggling the blanket as much as possible. The cardigan runs TTS and appears darker in person than on the site.
- Leith Circle Cardigan – I wanted to love this so much. However, it ran really large and just looked like a sack of potatoes on. This is going back.
- Caslon Twill Peplum Jacket – My hopes for this jacket were SO high. Unfortunately, this just does not fit. It runs huge and looks like a giant baggy box on my eight months pregnant frame. The sleeves are enormous and overly long. There is no cute rolling like the model on the web site. I am definitely returning.
- Burberry Pensham Jacket – This is my splurge purchase from this year’s Nordstrom Sale. (I try to keep it to one.) It is such a fabulous coat and the price is so good. I love Burberry coats because of their classic style and fit. My last one is over ten years old and still wears really well. This fits a little longer and has just enough to it for a southern Winter. I could wear this down into the 40’s for sure. It runs on the larger size, so go with your regular size if you plan on layering.
Shoes and Bags
- Rebecca Minkoff Small Love Bag – I’m so glad I snagged this cutie. I love the “Love” style and this is so petite and fun. The color is a surprisingly great neutral that will match a lot. My store had a bunch left in store a few days ago, and all of the colors were equally gorgeous.
- Tory Burch Claire Flat – Ladies, toss your Reva’s and invest in these! These fit me so much better than the other styles, even with pregnant swollen feet. I love the bright pop of color and can’t wait to wear these to death.
- Rag and Bone Margot Bootie – My heart is broken (for real) that these didn’t even begin to fit on my foot. I sized up and they still were way too small. They are so gorgeous, but you need to have smaller feet for them to work.
- Vince Camuto Fileana Bootie – These are adorable, but that heel is much more aggressive than it looks. I don’t think my feet will work in these, as much as I want them to. Tear.
I have a few more goodies to try that I will talk about in another post. I’m a little relieved that not everything worked, because it’s a relief to see those returns hit my card. Every piece was really great quality, despite fit. I was really impressed with the selection and how great everything is.
Don’t forget, today is the first day of public access for the Nordstrom Sale! Happy shopping and happy weekend! -XO