Beauty // Face Oil and Perfecting Spray

It has been far too long since I have talked about anything beauty related in this space.  I love, love, love beauty products.  Hair care, skin care, make up, you name it, I love it.  Trying new products gives me a total thrill, and finding great items that I can recommend to my friends is always a favorite.

Pregnancy has made it challenging to shop for clothes and shoes, and even jewelry.  I am making up for that by investing in new cosmetics and skin care.  My skin is in need of some love and care and I am always trying to find ways to improve efficiency and get the most bang for my buck.  No one wants a pricey product that doesn’t deliver!

I am planning on bringing a lot more beauty back to this blog and wanted YOUR input on how you like to read about it and see it.  It can be a little overwhelming to read about too many products at once.  Focusing on just one product can be too little.  I was going to start off talking about my top two products every week or so.  Please let me know your thoughts and preferences!

No.7 Youthful Replenishing Face Oil

This oil was a spontaneous Ulta purchase (so many things are.)  I love this line for it’s budget friendly, yet luxurious feeling products.  My skin has been much oilier and acne-prone during pregnancy, for the first time ever.  This led me to shunning my typical face oils completely.  Two weeks ago, I decided it was time to crack this open and give it a try since my skin can’t get any worse at this point. 😂

I only have good things to say about this face oil.  No negatives, at all!  It has a mild, really pleasant scent and the oil itself is very, very light.  It hasn’t clogged my pores or caused me to break out.  I am starting to see a reduction in my redness and broken blood vessels, which I am not sure whether or not can be attributed to this.

This is a great oil for any skin type, and a great starter oil if you haven’t used any before.  It works as a serum and an oil and doesn’t cost a fortune.

Shop it here.

Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray

This is the sample size, which is a great way to try a product without commitment.  I had eyed this spray for a while, but didn’t want to pull the trigger on the full bottle.  This was just the right amount to test out for a few weeks.

If you love a spray in detangler, or multiple product, then this is for you.  I use It’s A Ten on and off, but sometimes it makes my hair feel too greasy.  A few sprays of this work just as well and don’t add grease.  It’s great for detangling, preventing frizz and working as a heat protectant.  I spray it on post-shower before I comb out my hair.  It also works great on dry hair before I straighten or curl it a day or two post-washing.

I snagged a similar product to try from the Anniversary Sale, but I definitely plan on grabbing more of this magic spray!

Shop it here.

What do you think ladies?  Is this how you prefer to read?  Let me know!  -XO
affiliate links used

1. April K wrote:

I love Living Proof Perfecting Spray as well! I’ll have to check out the Boots oil as well since my skin has been weird lately, too 🙁 I have been switching between the Trader Joe’s Vitamin E oil and the Nuxe face, hair and body oil (love, btw).

Posted 7.19.17 Reply

So glad to hear you love it, too! I got the Dry Bar version to try on sale, but I don’t think I can love anything more. I read that our skin changes every seven years, so now I am freaking out that it will never be the same! I LOVE the TJ’s Vitamin E oil, I swear by it for preventing stretch marks, but I think I definitely will need to try it on my face and the Nuxe oil! Thanks for the great suggestions April! XO

Posted 7.19.17 Reply
  2. These are beautiful pictures! I’m dying to try those face towels and you can never go wrong with Living Proof. EVER.

Posted 7.19.17 Reply

Thanks Katie! I think you take the best pictures, so that is so nice to hear! Grab your Bed, Bath and Beyond 20% coupon and get those towels! I use them for way more than just makeup removing at this point! I couldn’t agree more, Living Proof is just the best. Anything Jennifer Aniston touches hair wise, is a winner!

Posted 7.19.17 Reply

I need to try that Living Proof perfecting spray! And I hear ya on shunning face oils during pregnancy, my skin was out of control! So glad you went back to the No 7 and are loving it. A mild scent and doesn’t clog pores – game changer <3

Posted 7.19.17 Reply

Tell me your skin is back to normal please? I know nursing can keep the bad skin going, so I am trying to plan for that. The sacrifices of being a parent! 😉

Posted 7.20.17 Reply

I haven’t tried these products yet, but I have tried other beauty face oils and I’ve liked them! thanks for sharing this! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 7.19.17 Reply

I really love face oils and noticed such a change in my skin when I started using them. Some of them are unnecessarily expensive, so I love a great one with a great price!

Posted 7.20.17 Reply
  5. Ohhh I’d definitely like to try that spray – glad you shared!!

Posted 7.19.17 Reply

It’s SO good! I highly recommend and I love that Ulta and Sephora carry it in a small size so you can try it without committing to the full product.

Posted 7.20.17 Reply
  6. Those magic erasers are seriously the best things ever and I’m convinced what has completely cleared my face up. So much easier to use and my face no longer feels tight and dry after I wash it. I love your beauty reviews bring them on!

Posted 7.19.17 Reply

Thanks lady!! I have been using the erasers to get make up off my hands and clean my brushes, too. They are SO versatile!!

Posted 7.20.17 Reply
  7. jillian wrote:

i love almost everything from Living Proof that i’ve tried so i bet i’d like this too! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

Posted 7.20.17 Reply

You should definitely try it! I really love it and I love that I was able to buy a small bottle to test before committing to a full size one.

Posted 7.20.17 Reply