This recipe is one of my favorite salads, a chopped brussels sprouts salad. It’s a copy cat from a local restaurant in Montclair, Fin. We went to dinner there with friends and my girlfriend and I inhaled this salad. We analyzed every bit and what was in it, so that we could re-create it at home. It was literally, the tastiest salad I have ever had in a restaurant.
It’s an interesting mix of ingredients, but when they are all together, they just work so well. This took a few tries to get right. Feel free to go super heavy on the balsamic reduction, because it is the most important part of the recipe. Getting a good blue cheese is, too. You don’t want something too strong, oddly enough.
Let me know if you try this! Enjoy!
Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad
A light chopped salad packed with flavor.
- 1 bag brussels sprouts chopped I run pre-cut ones through the food processor
- 1 whole green apple, diced
- 1 cup blue cheese, finely crumbled I love Jasper Hill's
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed I like them as finely crushed/chopped as possible
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1-2 whole red tomato, diced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Cook bacon until crispy and set aside to cool. When cool, crumble.
While bacon cooks, finely dice all ingredients. I prefer to use the food processor for the brussels and the nuts.
Mix together all ingredients and stir well.
Serve and drizzle with extra balsamic.